Objectives and MBDA Goals
- Defeat chain stores’ efforts to enact bill creating “food service licenses” for supermarkets and conveniencestores that would allow them to sell beer exclusively for take-out in any package size of 6 packs or more, alongside other items carried by these stores, and paid for at the same register alongside thoseitems.
- Allow beer distributors to sell packages of 22 ozs. or more to consumers.
- Continue to protect our three-tier system.
- Continue to preserve our Quota Law and Residency Requirement Law.
- Continue to defeat all legislation that would unreasonably restrict a distributor’s sales and/or hinder your right to earn a living. They include: Food service licenses for supermarkets and convenience stores to sell beer. State and local governments increasing and/or imposing new taxes on distributors. Forcing distributors to take back empties from consumers. Placing additional restrictions on beer advertising. Requiring distributors to register kegs. Permitting interstate alcohol sales
Malt Beverage Distributors Association of Pennsylvania
230 South Broad Street, Suite 903, Philadelphia, PA 19102 | 215-732-6258 (p) 215-732-6023 (f) | email@example.com