- Secured Fermented Fruit Beverages for Distributors to sell.
- Successfully secured the ability for Distributors to sell slushies.
- Led the advocacy to the General Assembly that in 2016 gave distributors total package reform through Act 166. This enables our customers to conveniently buy the packages they want and has opened up new markets for distributors: The singles and six-pack markets once only served by R and E licensees and the growler and crowler market for draft beers.
- On March 6, 2015, using a combination of highly-skilled legal and political professionals, secured 12-pack sales for distributors – a landmark sea change that began giving our members access to new tools to create a higher value outlet for customers.
- Fought to expand the list of additional items that distributors can sell.
- Obtained Sunday sales to help distributors provide greater customer convenience and better compete with other licensees.
- Secured passage of legislation to allow on-premises beer tastings.
- Secured passage of legislation to allow distributors to accept credit cards.
- Drafted and secured passage of the Quota Law to help protect the value of your license.
- Successfully oppose annual legislative proposals that would destroy existing consumer markets and weaken the ability of distributors to provide high value, broad selections, and personal service. These include bills that would allow grocery and convenience stores to sell:
- More than 192 ounces in a single sale.
- Multiple twelve packs, thereby allowing them to sell cases.
- Alcoholic beverages from any cash register.
- Defeated attempts to create a grocery stores license that would allow them to sell beer exclusively for take-out in any package size. We continue to take our message to the legislature that the mass market store will only sell the handful of products that create 80% of the sales, resulting in higher overall prices for a smaller selection and no real service.
- Continue to oppose efforts to increase the excise tax on beer.
- Defeated efforts to impose a mercantile tax on your gross receipts, saving distributors thousands of dollars a year.
- Initiated member benefit programs to help distributors save thousands of dollars a year in operational costs.
Malt Beverage Distributors Association of Pennsylvania
230 South Broad Street, Suite 903, Philadelphia, PA 19102 | 215-732-6258 (p) 215-732-6023 (f) | email@example.com